Monday, June 25

Praise the Lord!

"Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous And shout for joy, all you upright in heart." Psalm 32:10,11
Wow! God, my babies are 7 months old! I can NOT even believe how fast these last 7 months have gone or wrap my mind around Your complete and utter faithfulness to me in the past year. When I look back to this time last year- with the fear and trembling of the unknown and the complete and utter disbelief of the little that I did know and contrast that to the immense peace and joy that pervades my life, I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Your hand of mercy is upon me. Regardless of the struggles and the hard days- even despite the lack of sleep Your mercy has surrounded me. You have kept sorrow far from me- You have uplifted and upheld me in my darkest and most needy hours. Your hand has constantly guided and directed me in the path You have chosen for my life. You have held me close, soothed my anxieties, quieted my fearful heart. You have given me Your strength and Your love when my own is depleted and that is the only reason I am able to go on many days. You have filled me with joy, despite what may be going on around me. You have given my heart a peace that definitely surpasses all understanding. You fulfilled all my hearts desire and more- my heart can do nothing else than shout for joy and continually praise Your name! 
Praise the Lord that my babies not only survived the womb, they survived the first 7 months of life!! (we all survived the first 7 months of their life- and that is nothing short of a miracle) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment