Tuesday, September 11

Give thanks to the Lord

for He is good! His mercy endures forever! (vs1)
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man! (vs8)
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! (vs24)
Psalm 118
Today the kids and I rode our bikes (Hailey and I rode bikes and I pulled the other 3- lest you think Jackson is a genius child and can ride a bike already) to the grocery store and wow did we get a lot of comments. Everyone stopped and looked at the twins, talked to Hailey and waved at Jackson (or just gawked at the twins, but we'll let the other 2 pretend that they're special, too) :) The lady at the checkout, though, said something that I've heard a million times, "you're so lucky. I always wanted twins." I've never really had a come-back for that. In fact, it always sort of stopped me in my tracks, because 90% of the time, when I'm out and about I don't feel lucky to have twins- they're a lot of work to take anywhere! But, this time I did have a comeback. I finally found something that worked for me and I was able to say, "not lucky, incredibly blessed". And, it is true! I do feel incredibly blessed to have all of these precious children. (the twins are special, but I'd be blessed, even if I only had Hailey and Jackson) And, the thing about being blessed, over being lucky is that being lucky is a fleeting thing- something that you can feel or not feel, depending on your circumstances. Some people may look at our family and think we're lucky to get twins. Some people might look at our family and think that we're cursed with twins. But, whatever your thoughts on twins, or large families, or a bunch of little kids- you can't deny that God truly blessed our family. On the worst of days (think 3 little ones teething at the same time...yup, that's us, right now...) and on the best of days (think all 4 sleeping in, taking good naps and not whining...one can always dream, right??) we are still blessed by God, luck has nothing to do with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment