Thursday, October 22

thankful thursday


Today I am so thankful for my food saver! I don't know if a lot of you have these, or if you've even heard of them, but this thing is the coolest thing on the market. It vacuum packages things so that they last longer! I'm super in love with it. It's pretty simple to use and not only does it make your freezer look a lot more organized- even when it's not- but it keeps all your food fresh longer. Korey has been begging for one of these for a while, but since they are kind of expensive I kept saying NO. But, last week we found one on sale from 150 down to 70!! (yikes!! that's better than 50%) ;) So, I finally relented and bought one. And boy am I glad that we did. I made bread last weekend and used the food saver to save it and have been getting out a piece each day and usually homemade bread gets dry and crumbly pretty fast- this time it hasn't!! I also repackaged all the meat that I've bought at Sam's Club in the past month and I'm pretty sure that it's going to last a lot longer- I'll have to let you know in a month or two how it does! I did some of Hailey's food, yesterday, too, and am pretty excited to see how it turns out. I think that it'll be a lot easier to take places in a little tiny pouch than in 4 ice cubes! (besides...she eats a lot of ice cubes at a sitting and korey was getting kind of sick of getting a glass of water in the middle of the night and noticing the next morning that he had put pea or pear ice cubes in the water instead of real ice! ok, ok, so that's mostly because I kind of fill up the trays and then let them sit there for a few days before I remember about them...but, I have a lot on my mind!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment