Tuesday, October 20

the best $35 I ever spent

Today my Mom came up to watch Hailey while I went to watch my friend's little girl, Lauren, while Kristy and her other daughter, Abby, went on a little date to Barnes and Noble storytime. My dear friend, Kristy's daughter, Lauren, is a special little two year old girl who has cerebal palsey. And, Hailey borrowed her her jumperoo (pictured here) for a little while. I had always thought that this jumperoo was one of the best buys of my life, but after today I was convinced that it was absolutely, without a doudt the best buy of my life! When I first met Lauren I believe that she was only a few months old and I fell in love with her the minute I saw her laying in her mommy's arms during bible study. Off and on, whenever time permitted I begged for a little time with her- holding her or bouncing her on an exercise ball. Before I got pregnant with Hailey I spent more time babysitting Lauren, but since Hailey's been born I haven't had as much free time on my hands to help Kristy out as I would wish, but my Mom had said that she would come up the third Tuesday of each month to watch Hailey so I could go. And, this is only my second one, but I so far I have enjoyed the little reprieve to hang out with her. The best part about Lauren is that she actually likes it when I sing to her! :) (she doesn't know how horrible my voice is...hopefully she'll never figure that one out...) :) I wish I had a picture of Lauren so that I could show you all how special and beautiful she is, but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my phone onto the computer. I'll try and just describe her for you...she has the most beautiful eyes that I've ever seen, they're blue with long pretty eyelashes. (they actually look a lot like Hailey's, so how would I not think that they're beautiful) :) She is pretty small, I don't think she even weighs that much more than Hailey- maybe a little but not much. She's longer, though and definitely looks more grown up- as she should, I guess, since she's a little over a year older! And, she has the cutest light brown hair. It hangs long and is always in her face, but it's so beautiful that if I were her Mom I'd have a hard time cutting it, too! It just frames her face so perfectly and her mom always has an adorable little flower barret in it. It makes me really wish that Hailey had longer hair. I guess I'll just have to wait a little while! :) But, to get back to the reason that I started writing this post...I found this great buy at a garage sale and Kristy thought that maybe Lauren would like it and want to play in it. I guess that Lauren is supposed to be learning how to sit and stand these days and she hated her little ting that just made her stand without even giving her any toys to play with. But, today, when I saw her in the jumperoo and she looked so happy and was actually standing up and smiling it just melted my heart. I loved seeing it! I'm going to find out how to get the pictures that I took on my phone uploaded onto here so that you all can see it, too, because it's just a special little picture of a sweet girl enjoying Hailey's jumperoo!
Well, Korey's working tonight..in fact, he's on call all week, so he probably won't be home much this week...kinda sad, but on a lighter note- I got to watch The Biggest Looser instead of some investigator show! ;) (when the man's away his wife will play with the remote...or something like that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment