Thursday, October 29

oh wait...we do actually love Allie!

Here's Allie with the toy that she stole from Hailey!! She actually reached into the bathtub and grabbed this out- what a little scavenger! But, I think Korey paid her back by making her just sit here with it on her head before she could finish demolishing it and leaving small chunks of it all over the house! ;)


Hailey, Owen and I took Allie down to spend the weekend at my Mom and Dad's and it was actually really sad to come home to an empty house. Which is kind of funny because for the past few weeks I have been thinking about how much work Allie is and how I really wouldn't mind if she found a different home- I know, it almost seems awful- but I can't help it!!! She has been shedding like crazy and her hair is just like the straw that breaks the camels back for me! I usually vacuum the floor everyday, just to keep on top of the dog hair, but I feel like lately I have to vacuum twice- which I never have time for, so I just end up getting frustrated that there's hair everywhere! But, enough about what annoys me about her...back to what I miss about her!! I got home today and there was no one here to greet me, I had to carry the babies in all by myself- without a furry little friend winding around my feet. When both the kids went down for a nap, I usually take Allie out and play ball with her for a few minutes, but today I had nothing to do! I almost felt lost without her here! (instead of playing ball with her, though, I read a magazine, so apparently I wasn't too lost!) :) When Laura came to pick up Owen there was no dog to growl or bark at her car in the driveway, so I was in the backroom packing our bags for the weekend and didn't even hear her come in! The number one thing that I miss the most about Allie today is- I have to clean up all the stuff that Hailey and I drop on the floor! Usually I can count on Allie to clean up both of our messes- as long as they involve food, but today I had to take care of it myself! And, what a droppy day it was, too! (I won't tell her all that she missed, though, 'cause she might actually be sad!) ;) Hailey had some new yummy food that I found at WalMart- freeze dried bananas and strawberries- and while she didn't let any of those fall on the floor the peas and carrots that I gave her afterwards were, apparently, not as tasty 'cause she pretty much just played with them and pushed most of them onto the floor! And, I generally just could have left them for Allie (or she might have even caught them mid flight, since she has learned that whenever Hailey is in her highchair, there is generally food to be had!), but this time I had to spend time picking them up all by myself!! And, then I was taking the coffee grounds out of the coffee maker and dumping them in the garbage can and I accidentally dropped it right before the garbage! Yup, it made a huge mess-one that Allie would have gladly licked up, had she been here! But, as it was, I had to clean up the mess all by myself! ;( So, I guess, all in all, I really do love Allie and have really come to rely on her for a lot of things around here. I guess my frustration with her must just be fueled by my tiredness and probably really doesn't have much to do with her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment