Saturday, October 17

Hailey got her ears pierced!

Today Kelly and I went to get Hailey's ears pierced. We were so excited to do it and we really wanted to do it before Hailey turned 9 months- so we could get her pics taken with them in and since the boys were going out duck hunting again, we figured it was the perfect time! At first I was so excited, but then when we got there I was super nervous. I think that I felt bad for Hailey, 'cause she had no idea what she was in store for! She was so excited, 'cause she thought we were just going to the mall to hang out. Poor thing- she was so clueless!!
Here she is with Daddy before we left!

Here we are at Claires, waiting to get her ears done!
sitting on the chair
getting a bottle so that she sits nice and still
afterwards....she screamed so hard that it just broke my heart. I almost cried, but I toughed it out. Good thing Kelly was there, though. She was a rock for us. ;) We ended up doing both the ears at once, so that was nice- it went really quick, but the one lady had a hard time getting hers done and Hailey really didn't like it. It would have been better, I think, to just do them really quick, before she had a chance to realize what was happening. But, however they did it- it worked out fine and she survived. She definitely wasn't happy about it and luckily, for you, we don't have any photos of that! ;) I'm just glad that she can't remember any of this!!
Here she is with her beautiful Aunt Kelly at the bookstore! Aren't her ears adorable?!
with Daddy at home. He thought she was just a doll! Actually, he thinks she's a doll anyways, but he loves her new earings! :) (I think his idea of turning her into a little tomboy is going to go by the wayside- he just loves it when she's dressed cute!) Maybe it's a daddy thing- they just like their babies to look like little princesses.
Here she is after we got home, isn't she a doll??
a good pic of the ears. I got her little pink stones, I thought that was kind of fitting for such a pretty little girl. Her birth stone is red, but that doesn't really go with anything and the diamond ones are just too boring, so I thought that pink would be a good fit. I just think that she is a adorable with them done. Although, right now, she is in her bed screaming and I'm really hoping that it isn't because of her ears. She does have a cold and a tooth coming in, so I'm going for it being one of them! (or a combination of the three things...)

She's gotten into this thing of sucking on her little finger, lately. I'm kinda not wanting her to continue, 'cause Kelly said that she did that and it pushed her front teeth out, but it is pretty cute, don't you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment