Thursday, November 29

playing around...

I got a new camera a few days ago and have been having fun playing around with it and trying out all the new and fun features that it has...too bad I don't really have time to do much with it...now that the twins are a year old you'd think I'd have tons more time on my hands, but I don't...someday :) 
good thing my kiddos are so cute it doesn't matter what kind of camera I use- they just look adorable :) (even in their pj's, ok, especially in their pj's) :)
I've been studying up on a verse that has been near and dear to my heart this past year- Romans 15:13, "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" I haven't made it too far- in picking it apart- because I have been stuck on JOY. I feel like often that is one thing that my life lacks- true joy. I am happy when things are going well and bummed or irritated when they aren't, but I often am lacking in true joy, so it has been a great and wonderful study for me to look at what true and lasting joy is, how to attain it and how to keep it going. One verse that particularly touched my heart is Jeremiah 15:16, "Your words were found and I ate them and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart." That is one thing I am hoping that this next year affords me- more time to spend finding and partaking of God's Word. I know that I need to spend more time in the Word and I also know that it's one of the hardest things to do- to sit down, in the midst of a chaotic, messy, crazy house filled with crying, whining, yelling children and find some peace and quiet for my soul in the Word of God. If you have any great and wonderful pieces of advice on how to make that happen I'd appreciate it. If you wanna lift me up in prayer that God would allow me to find some peace and quiet in the midst of the chaos to spend in the Word that would be even more appreciated! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment