Monday, May 7

let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts...and be thankful!

I was going to write a post today in honor of my little brother who graduated from highschool on Saturday, but that will have to wait as I had a rough day today (lets just say that it involved my dog, a stolen pork roast and diarrhea all over the house on top of two very crabby babies who wanted to eat all day and not sleep) So, needless to say, I'm in need of some peace in my heart and my life! I truly believe that the root of peace in Christ is thankfulness! So, since I'm in some desperate need of peace I'm going to do my heart some good and share some things I'm thankful for today :) 
1) I'm incredibly thankful for my little family...that they are all young enough to enjoy silly things, like playing "naptime" on the basement floor and reading books together and that my wonderful husband doesn't mind at all coming home to this:  
 2) I'm thankful that my daughter loves to play "read the Bible" 
3) I'm thankful that my son loves to read books on his own and is just so incredibly cute while doing it! :) In fact, he's cute when he does anything...he looked in the mirror today and said, "hi daddy!" hehehe- apparently even he thinks he looks like his daddy :) 
 4) I'm so thankful that my babies were born early, but are still progressing and growing at an amazingly good rate! They aren't behind at all and are actually ahead of their siblings in a few things. That makes me so happy :)
 5)I'm so thankful for Maysen. She's been an absolute ham these days and its been so fun to be her mommy.  She rolls, she talks, she laughs, she giggles, she plays...she's just in such a fun little "stage" right now and I absolutely love it!
 6) I am so incredibly thankful for the sweet and precious time I get with my 3 girlies in the afternoon while their brother naps. We have some of the best snuggle time and the most fun giggling and playing with the babies :) 
7) I'm thankful that I have twins. I know that they aren't a "badge" and it makes me mad when I hear people treating them like some sort of "treasure", but they are a precious and unique gift. Only 1 in 3,000 babies born will be a twin and I am so thankful that God decided to bless me with them and given me the chance to watch all the cute little things they do- such, as wrestle with and eat each other on the couch ;)
 8) I'm thankful for our neighbors who just love our kids and take such great care of them...including buying them leotards and shiny, sparkly tutus :)
 9) I'm just so thankful that Hailey and Jackson play so well together (most days) They love to play dress up and Hailey is a GREAT helper to him. She may not be able to get him dressed the whole way, but she can convince him that it doesn't matter and that they need to sit on the steps and play games, even though he wasn't happy that his elmo costume wasn't on the whole way :) These kids, honestly, keep me in stitches. All day I just laugh and laugh at them and I think that's one of the only things that keeps me sane! 
10) I'm so thankful that I have 4 children that can run around, play, fight, mess up my house, do silly things, talk, giggle, laugh, wrestle, color on the walls, cut up tiny little pieces of paper and leave them laying all over the house, strip down naked and pee out the side of their crib, poop in the yard, and all the other things kids "should" do, because there are couples who don't have the privilege of raising kiddos, and mom's and dad's who have had to say goodbye to their babies, and there are parent's whose babies don't have the ability to do all those things. I never want to take that for granted and never want to forget how incredibly blessed by God I am to have these four incredible peanuts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment