Friday, August 21

7 months

I can't believe that my baby is going to be 7 months old tomorrow...it's so weird because I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! But, at the same time it is amazing how much difference a few months makes. She is so much more fun, now. She gets around the living room amazingly well for a baby who can't crawl or creep forward! (she likes to push herself backwards...) and she is great at entertaining herself and us for a good 1/2 hour! It is great! :) I just love to hear her talking and chattering to herself. It makes my mommy heart soar with pride and love! :)
Here's Hailey munching on the dried bun that Justin and Christy gave me. I think that she really likes it!


I was making fruit salad for a baby shower and hailey wasn't doing very good at playing by herself, so I brought her into the kitchen and let her play with an orange on the floor! It was pretty funny to see her try and figure it out. She did figure out how to get the peel off...apparently she's gonna be a chef, because she made a great little pile of orange citrus peel! :) (which the dog ate...) I think she liked the feel of it or something. She did have a nice citrusy smell for the rest of the day, though!
hmmmm...how am i gonna pick up this thing??

look at those beautiful eye lashes...wish I had them!
I'm turning 7 months tomorrow...oh boy, do I feel old! I know that compared to all of you guys I'm not that old, but in baby years I feel ancient! I passed the hump and am now closer to being a year than to the day of my birth! (that would conotate a midlife crisis if I were an adult!) :) But, I guess it's that time, now, where I tell you all that I've learned. This month has been a big month for me, just like last month was! I've had a lot of firsts!
*I went swimming in the neighbor's pool and for the first time I liked it!
*I can sit up and not fall over, well...not too often anyways. I fell over this morning and really hurt my head on the floor, but I don't do that very often and mommy says it teaches me to be tough! I'm working on a tough face for Dad, but it's hard when it hurts so much!
*I ate cottage cheese for the first time and really liked it!
*I had my first sip of mommy's tea and decided that I need to grow up a little bit more before I drink any more of that!
*I ate my first finger foods, all by myself! Mommy says that I do a really good job, too! I really like the buns that mommy dried for me. They are fun to chew on and I can't get too much in my mouth. I think that Allie likes them the best, though, because she sits at the side of my highchair and just looks at me like she's waiting for me to drop my bread for her. A lot of the time I do, just to be nice to her- she looks so skinny!
*I sat up in the bathtub all by myself without even my little chair. I didn't do it for very long because mommy said that she was afraid I might tip over and get scared by going under water, but it was fun while it lasted!
*and, the biggest first...tonight I'm going to spend my first nigth away from my mommy. I'm not too worried about it, because my Dad is good at taking care of me and my Grandma K is coming to help him out, but I think that my mommy is sad, so I'm gonna try and pretend like I really missed her when she comes home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment