Thursday, December 27

One Word

In a home where
the sheer amount of garbage threatens to over take you
you're always taking someone out of something...
off of something...
or down from something
where even a moment to go potty by yourself is a rare occurrence
in a house where there is always someone needing something, always someone grabbing something, always someone whining about something, always someone talking, always someone making noise...in that sort of a house- a house like ours it's easy for the grumpies to overtake you. It's easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out. It's easy to long for "better" days- days when it'll quiet and the house will be at peace...it's easy- in a house like ours, to say "5 more years"...and it'll be easier, it'll be better, I'll have more time. It's easy to put stuff off and plan on doing it later or working on it later. 
But, there simply isn't time for that! There isn't time to wait until my babies are 5 or 4 or 3 until I work on putting some peace back in to my heart. I don't think my heart has another year left in it of crazy- let alone 3 or 4 more. My heart just can't take it. I need peace in my poor weary little heart and I need it now! 
Today was one of those days that I dread...a day when all the kids melt down, a day when I'm not sure what started first- a crabby mom or 2 naughty older kids or 2 crying and whining babies...but I know what came last- a mom loosing her temper, getting irritated and wanting to just curl up in a ball, cry and get away from it all! I hate those kind of days. It's on those days that I realize how desperately I need God's peace to rule in my heart. I need God's strength to bring about a peace-filled heart and home over here. 
That's why when a "bloggy" friend of mine, Melanie, offered up a few buttons with a word to use to define your year- I jumped at the chance- jumped at the chance to remind myself to strive for peace through out the year. A chance to remind you to pray for peace for my heart, my house, and my life, whenever you see my button. A chance to remind you and me that peace can only come from God, but that it transcends all understanding. Just one word, but hopefully this one word will become a defining word for the year to come! 
When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot 
Thou has taught me to say 
It is well, It is well with my soul
Though satan should buffet
Though trials should come
Let this blest assurance control
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And hath shed His own blood for my soul
It is well, It is well
With my soul, with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you gotta tell me how you do it, Jess...how do you keep it all together when all 3 (or 4) are teething and whining and crying for attention? and folowing you around the house clinging to your legs crying...My girls both just wanted to nurse all day and I think the other 2 took that opportunity to be naughty and get into as much trouble as humanly possible...give me your wise words of wisdom! :)

      Delete
  2. I chose peace as my one word for 2013, too! (I came over from Melanie's link-up.) Although, you're making my life seem pretty peaceful already by comparison...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying peace for you in 2013! I am announcing my one word tomorrow. God bless.

    Jenifer
    jenifermetzger.org

    ReplyDelete