Saturday, December 22

A day of rejoicing


Last night my sweet oldest girl did something that I've been praying for since the day I found out I was pregnant with her...she prayed, asked Jesus to forgive her for the naughty things that she's done, to come into her heart and save a place for her in heaven so that she can be with Him someday. I don't care what I get for Christmas, I don't care if no one remembers me or buys me what I want, because last night I got the best gift a parent could ask for- I had the privilege of leading my precious baby girl as she took her first steps to making Jesus the Lord of her life. 
This brings to my mind a Christmas question for you- have you ever made Jesus the Lord of your life?? I know that a lot of us celebrate His birth this special time of the year and we call Him the greatest gift, but have you ever gone as far as to confess that you are a sinner, repent of your sins and ask the Lord of the universe to come in and be Lord of your life?? Jesus says, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me lives even though he dies" John 11:25. Hailey now has the assurance that if she were to die tomorrow she would be in heaven with Jesus- do you share that same assurance, dear friend?? You mean the world to us and we would love to know that someday Hailey and I will spend eternity with you. 
Thank you, Jesus, for answering this mommy's prayer. Thank you for the fact that I get to spend eternity with my sweet and precious first born daughter. May you bring her brother and sister's to the same saving knowledge at the earliest possible moment!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Praise the LORD! I remember the day that I prayed w/ Matt. We were in the car and we had just seen a play at church, he was 7 yrs old and he said to me, Mom, I know I have prayed this before when I was 5 or so, but do you think we could pray again just to be sure? My heart melted and we prayed right there in the car on Lyndale Lane in Bonita. :) :) :) My heart just melted. I pray that Hallie lives a life that is honoring to God from this moment on and walks out her salvation as a walk of repentance and never ever has to go down any hard self made unnecessary paths. :) We love you Hallie! To God be the Glory! <3 Sheila

    ReplyDelete