Sunday, November 1

a full weekend...

This weekend Korey, Hailey, and I went down to LaCrosse to help Korey's Mom and Dad finish packing up their household items and ready themselves for their big move to Wisconsin Rapids. About 5 years ago, Korey's Dad lost his job at the mill and they moved to West Salem to become Gas Station/Bait Shop owners. I think that they really enjoyed their stint in Southwest Wisconsin and will miss a lot of the people there, but I know that they are ready to come home! Korey and I are excited to have them closer to us and in the same town as my parent's. It will definitely mean that we get to see them more and that when we do see them we don't have to take the whole weekend to do it! This will be the first time since Korey and I started dating that our parent's will be back to living close to one another...which has been kind of weird, since we first met at a park that was super close to both of our childhood homes and we spent our childhoods going to the same schools and even went to the same church for a few years before his parent's left! In fact, the house that his parent's moved to when we first met was probaly less than a mile from my Mom and Dad's house and Korey gave me a few rides to school when my sister would take the car and I didn't want to lower myself enough to ride the bus. :) (what a great guy...he still drives me around when I don't want to!)
Here is Hailey, tired out from shopping with her Mommy and Aunt Kelly. We got done moving pretty early, so the boys went out duck hunting and us girls went shopping! (I bought her that mouse at Kohls- it goes with that cute little book- "if you give a mouse a cookie"!)
She really enjoyed playing with all the striped t shirts at Old Navy! ;)
all tired out from moving- Korey's definitely the rock of our little family!


Hailey in her little nest that we made her in the middle of the bed- with her little duck that our neighbor bought her! :) She's been growling at it a lot lately(and really loves to eat the beak)...maybe Korey will be able to realize his dream of going duck hunting with his daughter after all!
So, I guess our weekend was full---full of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment