Thursday, November 26

thankful thursday

Happy Thanksgiving!! Korey and I never got a chance to talk about what we were thankful for this year, so I'll do that on here! :) I just love this time of the year and I love taking a few minutes to thank the Lord for all the blessings that I've gotten this past year and just to take a little while to even just think about what He's given me! I feel like I just don't take the time to really count my many blessings- and I definitely don't take the amount of time that I should take! So, for one day I'm going to think of my many blessings and count them one by one!!
First and foremost I'm so thankful that Jesus is in charge of my life! There has never really been a year where I have been so up in the air and so in need of God's grace...and, surprisingly enough- or probably not so surprisingly- God really pulled through for me! :) He has showed me over and over again how wonderful and freeing life can be when I just give it up to Him. (and, I'm thankful for His grace and patience with me!) I'm also thankful for my wonderful husband. Korey is such a trooper and he has put up with more weepy nights, days, afternoons, mornings, evenings than ever before and the best part is- he still loves me! He has totally risen to the challenge of having a daughter and he is a wonderful and amazing Dad! Which brings me to the next thing that I am thankful for. I can barely even get this out without crying, but I am so completely thankful for my daughter. She has been such a blessing to my life. I am in love with being a Mom and I will never be able to thank God enough for her! She has changed my life sooooooo much, but I wouldn't go back to last year for anything in the world! (and not just because I was a WHALE at this time last year!) :) I am so thankful, too, for my little dog. She makes me feel so much safer when Korey's gone and she is such a fun distraction when I'm bored during the day! God really blessed our family with her 3 years ago and I love having her as a part of our lives. I'm very thankful for our families. It's a great blessing to have Grandparent's who pray for our daughter and who we can count on to help us teach her great and godly things. And, I just love the fact that our siblings love Hailey so much. None of them complain when all I do is talk about her and it's so much fun to have someone to get excited with me about her little "skills". And, last, but not least, since Korey is looking at the possibility of loosing his job this next year, I guess I can be a little sappy and say that I am super thankful for our wonderful church and the great friends that we have made there and in our neighborhood. I feel like I have grown so much in my walk with teh Lord and I contribute a lot of that to the fact that God has really blessed me with great godly friends who encourage me in the right things. I hope I never have to leave my safe little town, surrounded by all my friends, but if God does move us away then I can always know that the time we spent here was definitely worthwhile and not at all a waste! Thank you for listening to my thankful ramblings! I hope that you took the time to thank God for some blessings in your life this Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment