Friday, November 13

I think I'm in love

And, it's with my new sewing machine! I just brought home a "new to me" Pfaff 2038 and I absolutely love it! It's so much more amazing than my "old" sewing machine that I can't even begin to start with what I love about it! Mostly, though, I love the fact that to sew a straight line all I have to do is sew...I can even take one hand off of the fabric to drink a sip of tea. (I did actually try this!) :) With my old sewing machine I could barely get a straight line no matter how hard I tried, so this is definitely a step up. It is a computerized machine, so it has about 80 some different stitches, including an alphabet and numbers. I love them all- they're so fun to play with, but I don't even really know where to start. I feel kind of like I went from Sewing 101 to Sewing 401 without even a step in between! I definitely need to get a little bit of a lesson from someone on how to use all of the buttons...here's a good example of how little I know about this machine: it has 9 different needle positions, where my old one only had one! The saddest part is- I don't even know why I would need to move the needle! ;) I am really having a fun time getting to know this machine, though. I've pretty much spent all of my freetime playing with it since I brought it home. Poor Hailey and Owen- they've been sort of neglected lately. Hailey loves playing with the little scraps of fabric, though, so she's pretty happy with the new machine, too! :) I did make a little tiny coaster sized thing and then a small fall table runner. Neither one of them turned out particularly well, but it was still pretty exciting to play with the machine and make them! :) I tried a lot of new stuff- hence the reason that they didn't turn out so well- so, I'm even more excited to make some more stuff and get more practice. I even did some free hand stitching for the first time. It definitely doesn't look like all the other stuff I've seen, but maybe someday it will...if I keep practicing! :) So, I'm off to do some more practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment