Wednesday, July 8

a very tired baby...and momma!

Korey is the best husband in the whole world and I am a very lucky woman to have him! Every day this is true, but there are certain days where I find myself gritting my teeth and saying, through a clenched jaw, "Korey really is the best husband in the whole world, really!! and I am lucky to have him?! I really am!!" On those days it's more like a mantra I repeat to myself (sort of along the lines of...if I say it enough times eventually it'll become true!) as I pick up dirty socks off the floor or I clean the tiny black hairs out of the sink for the 2nd time that day...or any other of the millions of mundane tasks that I find myself doing for him each day. :) But, luckily for all of us, yesterday was not such a day! Korey was in fine form as a Dad and a husband...it was Hailey and I that fell short of the mark! I think the weekend had finally caught up with us- not sure why it didn't for him. Maybe it was just God's grace- He knew our family couldn't handle 3 meltdowns in one night...someone needed to hold down the fort and lucky Korey got the short straw! I was so exhausted that I ended up going to bed at 8 o'clock last night and I didn't even wake up when Korey came to bed! Talk about exhausted!! I was pleasantly surprised, too, because I woke up this morning to a clean kitchen and a basketfull of folded laundry that Korey had taken out of the dryer for me! Isn't he great??! I think so. :)
Hailey was a good baby all weekend long and she was a trooper, too! We had a 4th of July party at our house on Saturday and she didn't get to bed until well after 9 o'clock, almost 2 hours past her usual time and didn't really get in all her naps, or if she did, she didn't stay sleeping as long as she needed to, 'cause we were out on the boat and then we had company! On Sunday, we headed down to Korey's Mom and Dad's and while we had a wondeful time, Hailey definitely got the short end of the stick when it came to nap time! I think she maybe got one good nap in the whole time we were there. Luckily, she did get a good night's sleep, otherwise we probably would have had a true bear on our hands. We did get back in time for her to get a good night of rest on Monday night, but then on Tuesday we went to visit my Mom and Dad who are camping and although she did manage to get a nap in, I'm sure it wasn't as good of a nap as she needed! Plus, we went swimming- which is generally pretty rough on her! (she really does not like the cold water...if she even gets close she starts crying) :) So, needless to say, last night was a rough night for the baby!! She whined from pretty much 4:30 until 5 and then she just all out cried and screamed from 5 until I put her in the bath at 6! She was happy in the bath for about 1/2 hour, then it was no more fun...so, she got out, ate, and went to bed!! She must have been tired because she pretty much slept from 7 pm until 7 am- only waking once at about 5 to cry and let me know that she was still in her crib, isn't she a thougthful kid?! she does that every once in a while and I really appreciate it, wouldn't any mom?...how does she know I'm just up in the middle of the night wondering if she left her crib or if she's still around?! ;) ha,ha,ha...doesn't she wish that I thought that much about her!! After I got her up this morning, she ate and played for maybe a half an hour, but then she was tired again! So, she went down again at 8:30 and that's where she still is!! Let's hope that a new baby emerges when she wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment