Saturday, July 25

Great Grandma's 85th Birthday Party

Hailey and I went to a big party that was put on for My Mom's Mom, yesterday! I think that Hailey had a ton of fun, but I'm not totally sure, since I didn't see her much that day. I got to feed her twice, but other than that she wasn't often in my arms! She spent a lot of time with her aunty fysh, who loves her dearly!! I guess she was playing this game with Justin's girlfriend, Elissa, called I throw the cup down and you pick it up. Everytime that Elissa would pick up the cup Hailey would giggle! Needless to say, she was a big hit at the party! For sure she was a good baby, she didn't really cry the wholetime and there were a ton of different people holding her- so, she held up remarkably well! :)




Playing with her bear and smiling at the camera! How do you like her cute bow?? She finally had enough hair to put it in. :) Yay! she finally looks like a little girl. :)


Hailey and her Uncle Phil! He is 70 years and 1 month younger than Grandma!
(he'll be 15 next month!!)

Dearest Grandma, I love you and I am so thankful for the time that I have gotten to spend with you. You have been so influential in my life and I love you for it. You have so patiently taught me to pick plums and make plum jam, to take down curtains and wash them, to rid every corner of dirt, to always fold the clothes as you take them out of the dryer, that it's ok to burn your cookies because you are too busy talking to someone else or doing something else to remember them- because you'll always find someone who likes burned cookies, to make each person special by remembering the one thing that he or she likes the best to eat, to make special treats and invite people over to share them with you, to never stop moving- because when you do, you fall into an exhausted heap, that it's ok to sometimes leave the dishes for the morning, that you can always find a friend to talk to, that family is important- even when they screw up and aren't so loveable, that babies are truly a gift from God and meant for loving and hugging, but most of all, Grandma, you have taught me that time is the greatest gift that you can give someone! You have modeled that and many other great truths my whole life and I would never have been the woman that I am today without you! I love you and I hope that I can spend many more years with you. I want Hailey to remember you and to love you as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment