Thursday, July 23

6 months old!




Hailey turned 6 months yesterday! It was almost a sad day for me, I kind of miss the little tiny baby that wanted to cuddle and be held all the time. She's learning so much and growing so big that I feel like she's a whole different baby than the one I brought home from the hospital. I went to the hospital to visit my friend who had her daughter yesterday and it really struck me how much Hailey has changed in 6 months!! Here's a little bit of what she's learned and what she can do:
-sit up for a few seconds...sometimes a little longer, but mostly just for about 30 or so.
-giggle and blow bubbles
-say mamamamama (that's my favorite one!)
-recognize her Mom and Dad's voices, even when they're not in the room
-recognize us even when we're gone for a little while
-eat a lot of food, she prefers peas, but eats pretty much anything! Her friend, Josie, doesn't even eat as much!!
-stand and jump as long as you're holding onto her, but she can even hold herself up when you just hold onto her arms or her little butt!
I think that Hailey may be getting ready to wean herself soon, it's hard to think about...I'm just not ready for it, yet, but I really feel like it might be coming and I know I should prepare myself! She just seems to be pulling away a lot when she's eating and getting super distracted while I'm feeding her. I'm hoping that we can just keep going and plug away at it for a while longer!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment