Wednesday, July 1

Do Hailey and Dad ever not have fun?!

I know I talk a lot about how much fun DAd's have with their little girls, and specifically how much fun Korey has with Hailey, but it just continues to amaze me that they can really have that much fun!! On Monday I had put Hailey to bed and she didn't seem to be falling asleep right away, but it was 10:30 (we had been at a friend's house and the drive home was kind of long, so she got a little nap in on the way home...) and I just needed her to go back to sleep! So, I put her in there and just left her to get ready for bed myself. But, a few minutes later I heard real giggles coming fom her bedroom and went to investigate...what I found was her Dad and Hailey "playing"!! He had gotten her out of bed and was tickling her and blowing on her belly, making her giggle. Now, I have to admit that it was pretty cute...how can it not be?? but, as the Mom I felt compelled to be the mean one and put her back into bed! And it just made me wonder...why as a Mom do I feel like I need to be the mean one?? Why couldn't I feel like I could just join in and play, too? I think it must just be ingrained into girls (and boys) that Dad means fun and Mom means serious! I can remember thinking that as a kid and as I've grown up I've never even considered that I'd be the fun one and Korey would be the disciplinarian. I've actually just come to the point where I know he'll be a super big softy and I'll have to be the tough one. What more can I expect??? Korey can't even tell me "no"! How is he going to be able to tell his baby girl no?! I'm sure that I won't always feel this way, but I'm glad that he can have so much fun with Hailey and I'm glad that she loves him as much as she does, because it makes me relax and have fun, too. I guess I could say that they keep me young. ;) ha,ha,ha!!

Here we are playing with Hailey on our shoulders. She pretty much just liked messing up my hair and pulling her Dad's!!
Doesn't Korey almost look like he's in pain?? It made me laugh when she pulled his hair...at least he can't get mad at her, 'cause she's just too cute! :)
Look- she's licking his head!! Hope you washed your hair today, Korey!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment