Sunday, July 12

back from camping and exhausted!

We got back from camping around 3 this afternoon. It was great to be home earlier than usual on a Sunday. I feel like I just had the whole evening to get everything picked up and cleaned up! We even had enough energy to attempt the set up of our new tent in the backyard! Yes, I did say a new tent! While we were gone this weekend it rained and we realized that our tent wasn't really waterproof. In fact, we found puddles of water, that apparently had seeped in through the seams! So, we too, it back on our way home and bought a new one. It was rather a funny way to end a camping trip...not many people buy a tent as they're done camping- but we don't like to do anything the "normal" way! :)
Well, I did take pictures of our camping trip, but for some unknown reason our camera isn't uploading the pictures onto the computer!! So, sorry- we can't share the pics with you. I'd really like, too, though, but I guess my word pictures will just have to suffice! Hailey loved being outside all weekend, she loved looking at all the leaves blowing on the trees and watching the dogs play and swim! I think she was in seventh heaven just being there and not having to go inside- ever!! She was such a trooper, she slept realy well in her pack 'n play in the tent and I think she really enjoyed falling asleep watching the leaves dance through the top of the tent-they're better than her mobile, 'cause you don't have to keep winding them up, they play all on their own. :) There were even a few times that we put her to bed only to find her a few minutes later playing and talking to herself! (she even kept that up for about 10 minutes, before falling asleep!) The days were generally warm and we were very thankful that we had a pretty shaded site, but the evenings were cold! I got up a few times just to check on Hailey and make sure she was still warm, but luckily for her (and us!) she stayed warmer than we did. She must have gotten worn out during the day, too, because she slept so well at night that I was sort of worried about her! Usually she wakes up at least once a night just to cry and let us know that she's still around, but both nights she slept like a little log- she didn't even move enough to disturb her blankets and this morning she still had her nuk in her mouth when I went to get her out of bed!! Pretty crazy, huh??
I did take the exersaucer for Hailey to play in, but I think she probably spent a total of 5 minutes sitting in it! Between her Nani and Papa, Uncle Phil, the friends that stopped by and her Mom and Dad she just really didn't have to sit on her own- she was never lacking for arms to hold her. She even sat on our lap when we were all playing cards! I think that she's gonna be a card shark when she grows up- she couldn't get enough of those cards. Although she kept wanting to eat them and last time I checked you couldn't eat your cards... ;)
Although I'm exhausted and really needing some sleep, I think that our first camping trip with a baby went super well and I'm already looking forward to going next weekend! Maybe we'll spend the night out in the tent tonight...hmm...maybe not...it might just be nice to sleep in a real bed for a change! (i'm just glad that I can get out of the shower and not have to worry about my feet getting dirty right away!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment