Thursday, July 5

praying for my children

a few days ago I posted that I had chosen a verse for each of my children and had written a prayer for them, to go along with it...but, I only posted Hailey's, so in case you were thinking that I didn't care about the other 3 here are the prayers and verses I chose for them :
for Jack, my sweet little boy, who is so afraid of monsters and lions and shadows and snakes and alligators and all sorts of other "scary" things that keep him up at night, keep him from walking up the stairs by himself and keep him in "bondage" to being around the rest of us all the time:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
Lord, I pray for Jackson, that You would take His fears far from him. That he would cling to You and Your promises when he is afraid. That he would know that You are his light and salvation. That You give him strength to overcome any scary situation.

for my precious little twinnies I chose the same verse. I know that they are different people and have different personalities and someday soon they will each get their own verse, but for now, I feel like the thing I would pray for both of them would be the same thing, so they're sharing this time! 
"Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you" 2 Corinthians 13:11
I pray, Lord, for Maysen and Maelle- that they would be a good comfort to one another and to those that they meet. I pray that they will be of one and the same mind- including their eating and sleeping schedules. That they would be at peace with one another. That they wouldn't fight, but let God's peace and love rule in their relationship with each other and their relationships with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment