Thursday, February 23

Philippians 2:14,15

"Do all things without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without a fault in a crooked and depraved nation, in which you shine like stars in the universe" 
My Mom and Dad were up yesterday and my Dad really encouraged me to start memorizing Bible verses with Hailey...something that we used to do, but somehow life had just gotten crazy and we had gotten away from it! So, this morning I picked a verse that I thought we both could use and got to work memorizing the first part...there has been a lot of complaining and arguing going on around our house and maybe this will be a good reminder for both her and me!  
In fact, it got put to good use really quickly for both of us- Hailey had to practice it when she had to share making a treat with her brother and I had to put it into practice when we made a treat that ended up dirtying my entire kitchen :)
 yum, yum, yummy- who doesn't love ice cream, especially snow ice cream!
 (does these faces look like they ever have a problem with arguing or whining?!) 

 then, mommy had to put it into good practice when she noticed the floor was very sticky and dirty and needed a good scrubbing...it's no longer sticky and dirty, but there are a lot of little "footprints" stuck in it and it took a little longer than I would have liked (and used a lot more water...)!
 they are fairly cute "working" their fingers to the bone over the floor, though, aren't they?! 
Hopefully this verse will begin to work a change in all of our hearts over here at the Konietzki house! I find myself arguing with God and complaining that Korey's working too much or the kids aren't sleeping enough, or I don't get any time alone, or enough sleep or any number of things that I can complain about...but, the truth of the matter is that life is difficult! No matter what your circumstances you can always find something that isn't going the way you'd like it to or the way that you think it should. And, instead of cultivating an attitude of complaining and arguing in my own life and portraying that to my children I want to cultivate the attitude portrayed in the second part of the verse- one where we shine like stars in the universe! One where people can look at our little family and immediately know who we live to serve- that we are children of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment