Sunday, February 12

I remember...

I remember the day that they got married, because I was there! I remember the wedding shower, I remember the meal afterwards and I still have the dress that I wore. My sister and I stood up in the wedding that brought Grandpa Herb into our family and made my Grandma happy again. They would have been married 17 years this April, but instead Friday morning she found him on the floor of the bathroom. 
My heart broke at the news...
my poor Grandma- to have to bury two husbands, to go through this pain a second time, to have to be the one to find him this morning and to be all alone until my Dad could get over there and my aunt could get off of work. It's incredibly sad to think about. They lived together at his farm- where will she go, now?? Will she stay? Will she move? They had been married longer than Korey and I have known each other and I can't imagine being without him...
my poor little babies- this was the last remaining Grandpa that Korey and I had and now our kids will never remember him and how much he loved them. He truly loved my littlest cousin and my sister and I, as he had grandsons our age, but no grand-daughters, and Hailey found her way into that same heart on the day that she was born! But, it was really Jackson that brought out the best in Grandpa Herb. He knew how to get into the guys heart- he played tractors with him! My Grandpa owned a farm and loved to drive his tractor around doing "stuff" on it and he was absolutely overjoyed when he came to visit and the first thing that Jackson did was bring him a tractor and want to play. :) Maysen and Maelle never met their Grandpa Herb, but he was so proud of them. This year at Christmas he and my Grandma had flowers given in honor of them and he sent them a very generous gift when they were born and loved looking at the pictures of them that my Grandma would take home to him. You see, during the last year Grandpa Herb wasn't feeling too well. He was sick with one thing after another and just wasn't at his "best", so he didn't go many places. I think I'll always regret not just "stopping by" on Christmas this last year...
Tonight we will be at a wake celebrating and mourning the man that we called Grandpa Herb and it will be   a sad evening...he will be missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment