Friday, December 23

a little update...

sorry to leave you all with the depressing post a few days ago...I guess I was having a very exhausting day when I composed it!! And, actually, that day my friend ended up not being able to come over and help out and it turned out to be a God thing! He does always know what I need and gives it to me when I need it. It was a great day for the kids and I to just relax and recharge our batteries- the girls were fairly well behaved and ate very well for me and the older kiddos really responded well to just having our "normal" routine back and not having anyone else in our house! But, most of all, it was the perfect day, because it was the first time since I brought the girls home that I had cracked open my Bible and spent some time with the Lord. It's amazing how hard it is to take some time out to read your Bible when you have another person in the house, it just seems to be busier than when I'm home alone. The Lord brought me full circle on Wednesday and brought me back to a verse that He had impressed upon my heart when I was pregnant with Maysen and Maelle and it, again, spoke to me and gave me the encouragement and the extra push to keep going that I desperately needed that day!

Isaiah 41:9,10

"You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest regions, and said to you, 'you are my servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my right hand.'"

I know that my attitude had not been right about mothering my beautiful little brood of children and that verse was just the reminder that I needed that God chose this for me and He would not forsake me, but would help me and give me the strength to complete the task set before me!

In fact, yesterday, He gave me the grace to figure out how to tandem nurse my two littlest girls and that has been a huge time saver and given me a little bit more of my life back ;) (plus, it wears them out- as evidenced by this picture...)


I just threw this picture in because, how can you resist two little girls all snuggle in a bouncy seat?? :) both of my other two LOVED this bouncy seat, but neither of the girls really seem to like it...they tolerate it as long as they're together, but otherwise they don't really care much for it!


snuggle time!


more snuggles...just love times like this when I get to take a time out and just snuggle with a few of my kiddos! :)


since mommy has been so busy caring for the twins, lately, Hailey and Jack have really "bonded" (if you can call it that, when one minute they're snuggling on the chair and the next one of them is screaming and crying, because they're fighting...I guess I'll take what I can get) ;)


God has truly been gracious to our family and the transition to 6 has been a lot easier than I had been thinking it would be...yes, there are days where I want to throw in the towel, but there were days that made me want to quit my job as a mom before I had the twins and, yes, life here is crazy and chaotic (and noisy, if you ask my mom ;)), but I kind of like it! I don't even think I'd know what to do with a completely quiet house and I just might become bored if I didn't have so many little ones to chase after! (hahaha...ok, that might be a slight exageration, but it could happen...) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment