Thursday, August 5

a little girls best friend

...or favorite play toy! I'm not sure that Allie would say that Hailey is her best friend or favorite play toy, but Hailey sure loves her "doggie"! She has to show everyone who comes to our house the doggie, even if she's in the bedroom or locked in the mudroom and when she wakes up in the morning the first thing she looks for is her doggie!

fortunately, Allie is a rather big dog, so she can take a little bit of "baby" abuse from Hailey, 'cause a few of her favorite things to do are lean on her when she's hanging around and "pet" her on the head! Poor Allie pretty much takes this all in stride, but she does enjoy "hiding" on our bed- the only place where Hailey can't follow her! :)

these two really are like siblings, though...I can't go to the bathroom without them both following me and if I shut the door Allie will push it open and they'll both come in and fight for the place right by my legs! If I sit down to read Hailey a story Allie will come and place her head right on my leg- just to let me know that she's there, too! If we feed Allie something Hailey will come and "beg" for something, too! The worst, though, is if I take one of them outside- the other has to be close at my heels so there's no chance they can be left behind! Poor Allie has definitely gotten the short end of the stick since Hailey's been born, but who wouldn't love this sweet little thing who says, "bye-bye Allie" everytime we leave and she's at home and races to the door when we get home to see her "doggie"??

No comments:

Post a Comment