Thursday, August 19

all the rest can wait...

Hailey is not feeling well these days...she's had a fever for at least 2 days, now, and she's been incredibly snuggly and tired pretty much this whole week. My Mom even said today that it's nice to have the "snuggle time" with her, but it's so sad to see her so sick! :( So, needless to say, I have been doing a lot of snuggling and rocking of Hailey the past few days! Part of me has been loving every minute of it, but sometimes it's hard not to think about all the other stuff that needs to be done around the house. This evening Hailey woke up burning up and crying about an hour after she went to bed so I took her into our bedroom, turned on the a/c and spent an hour just snuggling with her in our bed. She fell asleep almost immediately and didn't even wake up when the dog jumped in to join us. It was such a sweet time for me, especially, when I started thinking about how little time I'll have to do that after Jackson makes his appearance! So, I just didn't think about the fact that the bathroom needed scrubbing, the floors needed vacuuming, the dog needed bathing, the dishwasher needed emptying, and the laundry needed doing and just focused on the sweet sleeping little princess clinging to my neck and prayed that God would give me more times like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment