Friday, August 13

goodbyes are always hard

Yes, we finally said a true "goodbye" to our trailblazer and "hello" to our new minivan, yesterday! It was actually a rather hard goodbye for me. I loved our trailblazer, it was the nicest car I'd ever owned and I just loved driving around in it! :) But, it's such a blessing to "have to" have a minivan! Korey and I prayed for 2 1/2 years that God would bless us with a child and instead of just 1- He blessed us with 2...and we'll see where He takes us from here!! ;)

"For I know the plans I have for you', says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future." (Jer. 29:11)
This verse is the verse that always makes me think of my sis and bro in law, 'cause they used it at their wedding, but lately I have been thinking about how God has made that verse a huge part of my life. I didn't understand His reasoning when we couldn't get pregnant and I had to cling to the hope that He did have a plan for me and now, even though we have the child we prayed for, it is still a struggle to continue to remember that He does have a plan and a purpose for everything that we go through-hard or easy!
This exciting new adventure of owning a van is part of Korey's and my future and it's gonna be fun to see what God is going to do with us and in us through this van!! Two things I know for sure is that we're gonna be able to take more than just our two kids with us when we go places and we don't have a car payment anymore, and for those two, I'm incredibly excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment