Friday, April 27

5 months!

Maysen and Maelle are 5 months old, now! It feels like such a huge difference from the other months...not sure why, but this month I do sorta feel like we've hit a stride of some sort :) 
The girls are sleeping so much better...they have a schedule, of sorts, and they are just so adorable all scrunched up next to each other in bed. They've also started waking up and playing with each other, or the bed or sucking on the blankies, instead of crying and I LOVE that! They also roll over a lot, which makes falling asleep at night a little more difficult, but it sure makes it cute when you go to get them out of bed and you see these little eyes looking at you! 
 They both are sitting up pretty well. Maysen is still the better "sitter" and Maelle is still the one who has more head control when on her tummy, but they're starting to close the gap on each other! And, as you can tell, they both have plenty of rolls to spare these days! Can you believe how rolly-polly these little ones look??
 The girls are just incredibly enamored with each other and that just makes my day. I love how they love each other and just have so much fun together. They really don't even  need anyone else, because they're perfectly content sucking on each other's fingers, playing with each other's faces and basically just smiling and giggling at one another! LOVE it!! 
 did I mention that they like to suck on each other's hands?? ;)
 look at these two little bugs! it's so hard to believe that they've been a part of our life for only 5 short months- I feel like they've just always been here and I can't even really remember life without them. They add so much fun and joy to our days that I don't know what we'd do without them. I am absolutely and completely in love and I know I'm not the only one! :) 
At 5 months nursing the girls is still going really well! woo hoo! Our goal was 6 weeks and I really never thought I'd make it to even that. Those first few months were so hard and now its just a breeze and such a joy that I hope I never have to stop! :) Maelle went on a bottle strike for a few days, but she's back to taking a bottle, now, so we're all good there! They take 3 or 4 naps a day...if you count the morning one as a nap, its 4, 'cause they usually wake up around 5:30/6, eat and go right back to bed until 8ish, then eat again- stay awake, with a possible nap in the car or in the swing at the gym or in the stroller on a walk, then eat again around 10:30 or 11 and then go down around 11:30/12 for a nice long 2 or 3 hour nap, then eat again, then play around with us until about 4, then take a little snooze until I'm done making dinner (and sometimes they sleep til we're done eating...) and then they eat again at 5:30 or 6, then play, then help H and J get ready for bed, then eat again at 7:30, get their jammies on and play for a little bit then go to bed for the night! It's a great little life, isn't it?! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment