Friday, April 30

what's in a name?

Now that we know for sure that we are having a son the fun part has begun...picking out a name! Hailey has been most helpful in this area, as you can tell! ;)

she even wanted to go through the book with a marker and mark her favorite names...for some reason I nixed that idea! :)
Somedays, though, it would be nice if I could just let Hailey flip through this baby name book and choose one for us! It seems like there is so much stress on picking just the right name...I really wanted a name for our son that meant something- a reason that I could give to him as to why I picked his name, rather than just, "well, I liked the name..." but, it seems as if that might not be the case. I won't share the names we're trying to decide between, because who knows what we'll end up with, but here are some of their funny meanings:
hay meadow (that's actually the same thing that hailey means...a sign??hmmm...could be??)
cart driver, ditch builder, stone worker, park keeper(high hopes for employment someday?), broad island, broad meadow (does broad mean fat for a boy, too, or just a girl??), merciful, wise, companion, added in harmony, valient(finally, some that have a fairly decent meaning...), young warrior (is that what I wish for my son??)! Some of these do have pretty decent meanings, but it's still hard to choose! Good thing we still have a good 18 more weeks til we have to have a name! :) That way we won't be stuck letting Hailey make the choice! :) (besides, poor thing would probably be called, "koweydoggiecookie" or something equally as wonderful!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment