Monday, April 26

decisions...

Are Two Kids Really Better Than One??
you have to admit that these two are pretty adorable together, aren't they?? This is Eliana, one of my dearest friend's daugther's, and Hailey having their milk together when I watched Eliana for her mom the other day!
I think being a Mom is one of the hardest jobs I've ever taken on. It means more of a time commitment, more of a heart comittment, and more of an emotional comittment than anything else in my life. (and, yes, I mean more than my marriage- luckily, Korey is way less demanding and when he gets up at night I don't have to help him go back to sleep...all the time anyways!!) :)
Which is why I have decided to take on someone else's child to raise...OK, just kidding- get your heart off the floor Mom- I haven't completely lost it!!! :) Actually, it is just the opposite, I think that I am going to say NO to a lady from down the street who asked me to watch her 6 month old daughter 1 to 3 days a week. I had been thinking, up until this morning that I would say YES, because at first she said she only needed someone for the summer and then today she changed her mind and said that she would like her daughter to be in the same place until she is about 2 or 3...that pretty much did it for me. I had already been feeling that God was tugging my heart in the direction to say NO, but I was really resisting, until that moment. I guess sometimes he speaks in whispers and sometimes he uses a gong! :) I still needed some persuading, but after chatting with a good, godly friend I really know that what God wants for me as a mother and for me as a wife is to be completely and utterly devoted to my family! I was only going to be making $30 a day and I feel as if I can better serve my family by cutting costs in my grocery bill, not going out to eat :( (sad), saving gas by consolidating trips and all those other things that I should have been more "eager" to do before than by taking on another child to raise so that I can continue in the lifestyle that I want! I'm not saying that Korey and I are poor or headed that way...we actually have just decided that we want to put some more $ down on our car and our house each month so that we can pay them off faster and be debt free someday!! But, as my dear friend said...it doesn't matter if you are dedt free in 5 years if you are dividing the house and everything else to go your separate ways! I don't want that to happen to our family and I know that it takes work to not let it happen and I am dedicated to that more than anything else! So, that is why I have to make the decision to say NO to taking on someone else's child and be "selfishly" focused on my own family for the time being!
Ahhh...it feels so good to just say that and have it be ok! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment