Saturday, April 24

because my daughter is worth it!

Today I was given a wonderful privilege of attending a Beth Moor conference. It wasn't as great as attending one with her in attendance, but it was a simulcast of her conference in Atlanta, GA, and a really great time away from home, nonetheless! Korey was also given the great privilege of watching Hailey for the day and I believe that they had just as good of a time as I did!
The conference was called, So Long Insecurity- you've been a bad friend to us. And, boy, did we learn a lot about our insecurities. Before this conference I had always known that I was insecure about things, but never realized how deeply they affected my spiritual walk! Beth gave us an acronym for secure to remember what a secure woman looks and acts like! So, I thought I'd share them with you and a little bit of what they meant to me, personally! Saved from self- being secure in God's love for us and in who we are saves us from being ruled by our own pride and also saves us from being "curved in upon ourselves"! When we are ruled by our insecurity and pride we aren't able to think of anything else but ourselves, but when we can free ourselves from our insecurity we are able to look outside of ourselves and focus on what others need!
Entitled to truth-when we are focusing on ourselves and our own insecurities we aren't able to see the truth of our circumstances and situations!! Clothed with intention- when we are freeing ourselves from our insecurities we must be intentional. Beth said, "no secure woman is ever that way by accident" and that just stuck with me! She also said, "make the decision to pursue Christ, take the step, AND then worry about your emotions catching up!" I know that I need to be more and more intentional about living a life that is Christlike...I pray that I can be more intentional in my walk with the Lord. Upended by grace-we need to grace others with the grace that we have been given by God! Beth gave us a great mental picture of what unforgiveness is when she said that it is like a tapeworm that will eat alive all the nutrients we have gotten from scripture. I think taht just struck with me because no matter how much I read or study my Bible if I am harboring unforgiveness in my heart then it is working against what I am trying to "accomplish" with the Lord! Rebounded by love- what if I lived my life knowing that I am the girl who Jesus loves?? For myself I know that it would mean not putting the pressure on my friends, my husband, my daughter to make me feel better about myself, because I would already have that love filled by my Lord and Savior! Exceptional in life-if we will continually put off our old self, the insecur self, and put on the new self, the self who is completely and utterly loved by the Lord of the Universe and who is secure in that love then we will live an exceptional life-a life that others will notice and a life that will be able to bring the greatest glory to God!
The questions that Beth left us with is...what will I do with what God has taught me?? And, is your family, friends, etc, worth the pain and work it takes to become free of your insecurity? And, I left realizing that Hailey is worth it. She's worth whatever it takes for me to become a woman who is secure in her Lord's love and is continually striving to become more and more christlike!

1 comment:

  1. I was just scrolling through the rest of the blog roll call and how amazing that your comment popped off the page at me that you were at Highland too!
    I live in Mosinee, but go to Bethany Baptist in Schofield. I had to drive up the back way to Rib Mtn. cause the bridge out of Mosinee is closed for the weekend. Only 4 from our church came... didn't know if another "siesta" would be there from the blogging community~
    great to see that someone else was there - too bad I didn't see this earlier!
    Great too, to see your notes. I hope to get mine posted sometime this week. I still haven't looked back thru mine yet... Still deflating and coming down some.. but still determined, that was the old me, and this is the new me!

    God bless,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete