Monday, April 5

Hailey's 2nd Easter

was a lot more exciting than her first...she was so little last year that she really didn't care or know much about what was going on- plus, if I remember correctly I think that she pretty much cried through the whole dinner and we had to take turns holding her... ;) Not so this year, though! She was a peanut all day and on her best behavior!
This is her all dressed up and ready to go in the morning. I wasn't sure how the day would go, so I wanted to have at least one cute picture of her! :)
but, the day turned out great and we ended up taking her outside to play and got a few super cute shots!

I've always loved those pictures of parent's and their kids walking, so I had my sister take a few of Hailey and I! (and I guess the other baby, too...you can't see my belly too well-in this picture, but it really stuck out in this dress)
we had to walk all over the yard...she just was not content to sit or play in one spot!
I've never met a kid who doesn't like being outside, but Hailey absolutely LOVES being outdoors!
especially if she's able to run free! (doesn't it look like Thor's chasing her???) :)
must be her adventurous spirit, but she just had to roam the whole big yard at Nani and Papa's house! (she looks so tiny, doesn't she??) :)
and...contrary to what my 2nd grade teacher used to say, wearing a dress did not make Hailey act like a lady- she still picked up leaves...

...and pinecones...
(and put them in her mouth)
...and rocks...In fact, we picked a flower for her and she threw it down and went to grab the rock instead! (go figure- she is my daugther, after all!) :)
She got a little to excited about the rock she found and forgot that she was on uneven ground!
and...yes, the rocks went in the mouth, too! :)
after playing the whole afternoon she got tired of looking so "girly" so Daddy let her wear her new hat! :) (or maybe Daddy got tired of her being so girly looking and put her hat on her...) ;)
We had one of the greatest Easter's of our lives, this year! I think it was so much fun because Hailey was finally old enough to care about it...I can only imagine how much fun Easter will be next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment