Sunday, May 17

vacationing with a baby???

Here's Hailey, flying her way to some fun times!!

I wonder if a vacation with a baby is even possible...I mean, is there anything that could possibly be relaxing about taking a 3 month old anywhere? This weekend I found out the answer to that question- it's "NO!", but that doesn't mean that it isn't fun! (it just means you need a few more days to recover from all that fun!!) :) Korey left on Thursday to go to Canada fishing with some guys from church, and, while I didn't really want to go to Canada fishing, I didn't really want to just be left behind, either. So...I shipped off our dog, packed up Hailey and decided to spend a night at my parent's and two nights at my sisters. The weekend turned out to be more fun than a water park, more exciting than a day at the mall, and more relaxing than an afternoon at a coffee shop.

Who really does need a water park when you have gallons of baby puke being thrown at each person in attendance, huge blowout diapers coming faster than the black anaconda, more baby drool than even the wave pool could hold and enough tears to float even the biggest of babies down the lazy river! And, oh were there tears...tears in the early, early morning, tears in the midday, tears in the evening, tears at night, tears at midnight and tears all the times in between!! (the tears really didn't come in full force until the ride home, so I don't know if it still counts, but almost three hours of crying is enough for any one weekend!)

Would you really miss a mall when you're busy walking the floors at 3 in the morning two nights in a row? or buying diapers, because you forgot yours at home? or taking more pictures of people with Hailey than even the Easter Bunny sees in a year! or sifting through all of your sister's stuff to make sure that this time you finally have all of Hailey's toys, burp clothes and clothes!

And, what would make a weekend more relaxing than a coffee shop other than having a whole bunch of hands to help you take care of a baby. Thanks to my wonderful and willing family I was able to take a nice, long hot shower (it was at 6:30, when the only other people awake were Hailey and my Mom and Dad...but, who's gonna complain??), enjoy a very relaxing, sunny and warm late morning chat on the back deck of my brother in law's parent's house(definitely a highlight of the trip!) while my sis in law, Kelly and her sis in law, Cara, held Hailey, eat yummy grilled burgers two days in a row without having to do any of the work myself!! (YAY!! Does life get any better than that??), finally get some pictures of my family put into a scrapbook(I did have to pay for my mother's day present from Korey to finish it, but...it's all our $ anyways, so what does it matter?! Right?), and spend three great days with people who love me and my daughter- even when we're not the funnest to be with!


No comments:

Post a Comment