Thursday, April 30

Daddy's girl
























There must be something special about the relationship between a Daddy and his little girl, something unlike any other relationship. There is no one else that can make Hailey smile and coo like Korey can. She will be having the worst day and the minute Korey walks into the room and smiles at her she is a different person. I love seeing them together. She brings out the best in him.
Sometimes, I do actually find myself feeling a little jealous of their relationship. But, I think it's mostly because the man who protests so loudly when I ask him to spend some time with me that you'd think I asked for the moon, will sit for hours and just hold his little girl, talking to her in her little baby language and not even mind!! And, the wonderful husband who gagged and sats in the bedroom plugging his ears and singing songs really loudly, whenever I'm sick- basically, the whole first few months of my pregnancy, will clean up what seems like gallons of baby puke and change a diaper that is so monstrous it's on Hailey's neck, without even batting an eyelash. I know that it's a silly thing to be jealous of I don't waste anytime really dwelling on it- most days I'm just glad that there's a wonderful man there to help me out and that Hailey is so lucky to be loved by her Daddy that way! And, on the days that I do wish he'd spend a little more time with me, I just take Hailey and snuggle up with him on the couch.
Maybe this love between a little girl and her Dad seems so amazing to me, because when we first found out that Hailey was a little girl Korey didn't seem that excited and I cried because I thought that he was going to be disappointed in me for not giving him a boy(as if it's even something I can control, but with the pregnancy hormones raging through my body it just seemed like a good thing to spend my day crying about). Even as the day grew closer for Hailey to be born he seemed so worried about the fact that she was a girl and he kept saying how he was gonna teach her to play hockey and they were gonna go duck hunting together- he even bought her a little camouflage jacket!! I knew that Korey would be happy with her when she was born and would love her, but I just couldn't help but think that he would be happier if we were having a boy first. But, the minute that little girl was put in his arms at the hospital I knew that all my worrying was in vain. Even all the pain my body was going through and the excitement of seeing my little girl for the first time coudn't compare to the amazing sight of Korey holding her, with tears in his eyes, and looking at her with amazement. I don't think I've ever seen that much love in another human beings eyes and even now when I think about it I can't help but tear up. It's just so beautiful to me. I only hope that the love he has for her now will carry us both through the trying teenage girls years that we have in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment