Friday, April 24

Always learning...


Yesterday was the last day of my Thursday morning Women's bible study. We've been studying "Entrusted with a Child's Heart" and I am going to really miss it. Not only will I miss the excuse to get out of the house on a Thursday morning and spend some "quiet" time with some dear friends, but I'll miss learning something new and being challenged each week. There were many days that I left completely overwhelmed with all the stuff that I had to work on or learn, but in the end looking back I can think of a few things that I have really taken away from this study and hope to remember and put into practice in my life! The biggest thing that I learned is that children are a blessing and motherhood is meant to be a joy. A verse for that day was, Ps. 217:3-5, "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." One thing that Betsy Corning said about that is that a day is never wasted if you spend it holding your baby! There have been a few times that I felt guilty holding Hailey or rocking her to sleep at night or just holding her as she slept. Or, I've looked around at the house, as I sit on the floor and play with her and I've honestly thought that I had accomplished nothing and I really should get up and do something, but then I remember what Betsy said and just enjoy the minutes that I get to spend with Hailey. I try not to feel guilty when I take the time to just hold Hailey and talk to her. I don't do it because I know she needs the interaction to learn how to speak or because I need someone to talk to, I do it because I truly enjoy my daughter and am trying to cherish each moment that I can spend with her! I hope that as Hailey grows bigger and (God willing) we add more babies to our nest that I can remember to enjoy each minute that I can with Hailey and develop a relationship with her that can turn into a friendship when she's older! I pray that the Lord would keep reminding me to take joy in the little things and not worry about the things of no consequence! (like a clean floor or 3 course meal for dinner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment