Tuesday, April 21

my sweet little four legged friend












I've noticed that our dog is feeling a little bit left out of life. Today, while I was laying on the floor playing with Hailey she just kept jumping around, trying to get in on the action. Then, later when I was bundling Hailey up to go to bible study, Allie just kept following us, thinking that she was gonna get to go somewhere, too. But, she just keeps getting left out! She doesn't get to climb up on the couch with us anymore, because we have another little thing on the couch! And, every time we're taking pictures, we don't even worry about what Allie is doing. Poor thing. There used to be a time when we got out the camera simply to take pictures of her! She doesn't even try and pose for the camera anymore, because she knows that we are not worrying about taking pictures of her. But, just because you think that we don't notice you anymore Allie, doesn't mean that we don't! For instance, I noticed you last night when we came out of the bathroom, trying to look innocent, but the toilet paper on your paw gave you away! Or this morning, when you sat and dropped your kong at my feet for 5 minutes- I noticed you then!
So, this blog is for you, Allie!! You have always been there for me, in the good times-when you dance around the kitchen with me, and in the bad times- when you lick my face as I lay on the bed crying! You, my sweet friend, never get mad when I choose Hailey over you or when I kick you in the middle of the night or make you come inside and stop chasing squirrels. In fact, you never get mad at all- even that time that I accidentally kicked you in the head while trying to show Dad my tae kwon do moves! I love you, Allie, and just remember- if you think that your life is bad now, just wait until Hailey can move!! Then you're really going to be in for it! Good Luck, you're gonna need all you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment