Wednesday, May 5

Like Mother Like Daughter

Hailey definitely takes after her Daddy in a lot of ways and she definitely doesn't look like me, but there are days when I can see my own personality poking out. Mostly, it's in her love of food and going places! :) But, today, I felt like we really were mother and daughter! It was kind of one of those lazy mornings, where it's just hard to get motivated to do anything and Hailey was super cranky. She kept bringing me her jacket (which she often does when she wants to go somewhere), but we had nowhere to go, so I just kept trying to come up with things to distract her! Unfortunately, since she is her father's daughter and has a one track mind, that didn't work out so well. It was just frustrating me (who was trying to make some bread) and her! So, I invited her up on a stool to make some bread with me! It worked wonders...she happily played in the dough, ate the dough, spilled the flour on the floor, ate some more dough, and poked at my lump of dough some more and generally made a huge mess of herself and the kitchen! But...it was a blast! I can't wait til the next time we run out of bread and have to make some more!! (although, Allie, who was also covered in flour may be less excited...)

Isn't she a big girl??? I can't believe that she can stand on that stool and reach the countertop!
her first taste of raw bread dough...it isn't harmful for babies is it??? Hope not...

Look at that cute face...isn't it a mess?? The day got even better, 'cause after the bread was rising on the counter I took off her shirt, filled the sink with water and lots of soapy bubbles and let her play 'til her hands were clean! (or until I had all the rest of the mess cleaned up...and wanted to start mopping up the floor!) ;)
It was definitely one of the best days that I've had in a long time and I can only hope that after the baby comes we'll have time to still do fun stuff like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment