Monday, January 25

what a difference a year makes...

Isn't it crazy that the baby on the left is the same as the baby on the right??? Only a year of difference??? I can't believe it...and, I just can't believe how much of a difference this year has made in our life and in her life! God is pretty amazing!
Here's a little look at how much Hailey has changed in a year...
-she was born weighing 6lbs. 1/2oz. and today she weighs 18lbs. 4oz! (good job, honey!) :)
-she was 18 1/2 in. at birth and she's almost grown a whole 10 inches since then- amazing huh?
-she has enough hair to put a ponytail in it, now, whereas when she was born she didn't have much hair at all!
-a year ago Hailey and I were still trying to figure out how to get nursing down, but she's been done nursing for almost a month, now, and eats pretty much everything and anything- her new favorite is blueberries!
-as a newborn Hailey was barely mobile and spent a lot of time sleeping, but now I can barely keep up with her. She walks along all of the furniture and loves to scoot all over the house getting into trouble
-she used to sleep a lot during the day, and cry even more, but now she barely cries at all- if anything it's kind of a whine- and sleeps almost 12 hours every night! Isn't that amazing?!
-when we first brought Hailey home she was only content to sleep in her bouncy seat, and she slept in that or in my arms for each nap and at night, but now she never wants to cuddle with me and she wants to sleep in her own crib, all by herself!
-the best and biggest difference that a year makes is that Korey and I are both feeling a little more like we can handle having a baby! (it only took a year, and now she's probably gonna change on us...) When we first brought her home it was all so overwhelming and maybe it was the lack of sleep or all the crying, but I wasn't sure I was cut out to be a Mom. I knew that I had prayed hard for a baby, but I was afraid that maybe God gave me what I wanted and it wasn't what I wanted!!! But, thankfully, He showed us a lot in a year, and Hailey is everything I've ever wanted and could ever hope for in a baby girl!
-probably the only thing that hasn't changed in the year is my love for Hailey...on the day that I was giving birth to her, I remember feeling her head and having this overwhelming feeling of love rush over me and being able to do whatever it took and handle whatever pain there was in store for me to get that baby out and hold her...and that love has not changed one bit. It helped me through those sleepless nights, the days of bouncing and walking a screaming baby, the midnight car rides to try and calm her down, and the bites while she was teething! Hopefully all of those things will be mere blips of all my mommy memories, but I don't think I will ever forget what it felt like to feel her head that first time- at least I hope not!! That "tough" mother love is the greatest gift that God has ever blessed me with!





1 comment:

  1. That first year has SO many milestones. . . and it flys by SO fast, eh?

    ReplyDelete