Wednesday, January 13

there's a first time for everything!

I kind of thought that as Hailey got older there would be fewer and fewer "firsts", but apparently that is not the case, because in the last two days we've had quite a few of them...they're just a little different than the one's I used to get excited about! :)
For the first time Hailey entertained herself in her highchair all by herself. It was great...I put her by the window and gave her a few graham crackers and she watched the cars go by and waited for daddy to come home!
For the first time she was able to actually play in her toy basket while standing up! She didn't even fall over and even pulled some toys out...well, actually, she pulled all the toys out! :)

For the first time someone clapped for me when I finished eating my banana! Can't say that anyone's ever done that for me before, but it definitely warmed my heart! How can I not love someone who celebrates all my accomplishments with me no matter how small??? :)
I took my friend, Amanda, her daughter, Elianna, and her dog, Sella, snowshoeing for the first time today! :) We had so much fun- I'm pretty sure she's hooked...although, we'll see how she feels tomorrow...we went for about 5.6K- up and down hills and it was super intense! :)
did you see how well Sella sat for the picture??? This is what my dog was doing while we were trying to take pictures...she didn't even care! ;)
For the first time, today, I fell down while snowshoeing ;( boo...poor Hailey was so scared, but it was actually pretty funny. Amanda was all worried that she would, 'cause she didn't know what she was doing, and I had just told her that I've never fallen before and then...bam, down we went! I guess I can't say that now, but I can say that we have fallen and both lived to talk about it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment