Tuesday, December 22

goodbyes are always sad...

Well, the day finally arrived...it was Owen's last day, today!! I knew that this day was coming, from the beginning Laura had been planning on heading to North Dakota at the end of December, so I shouldn't have been caught off guard, but I guess I was. It was a bittersweet day...in some ways I'd have to say that I'm looking forward to the freedom that only having one baby in the house will afford me (and Korey's looking forward to me not being so worn out so I think about maybe wanting another one!) :) I'm mostly looking forward to being able to go to baby buddies again- I have really missed all the mom's there and just hanging out. But, that doesn't even begin to outweigh what I'll miss with not having Owen here. I have totally loved having an excuse to see Laura three days a week...it's been so much fun to just chat with her at the end and the beginning of the day. It definitely makes my days go by faster. :) And, speaking of days going by faster- they definitely fly by when I have Owen and that's a huge bonus, especially when Korey works late, or doesn't come home at all! Plus, it's so nice to be able to ask Laura to stay for supper or to hang out for a while when both of our husband's are working late. On a completely selfish note, I'm gonna kind of miss having a little bit of spending $, too. I like being able to just have some cash that I can use for whatever I want. I was able to buy Korey all of his Christmas presents with what I made so far and it was nice not to have to worry about how I was going to "hide" the $ from him! :) I'm sure I'll find other ways to spend my days, but I really will miss filling them with this sweet little 4 month old!
I tried to get a picture of the three of us, today, but Allie wanted to make it four and Hailey didn't want to be a part of it at all!
I did manage to get them both under the tree at the same time, but had a hard time getting them both to look at the camera!
here they're looking, but what faces they are making...oh well, i guess you can't be too picky, huh?!
I had to keep pulling Hailey back and putting her by Owen, 'cause she kept trying to scoot away and play with her toys! :)
Owen was a little easier to pose, but I had a hard time coaxing a smile out of him
There's the smile!
Isn't he just the cutest thing?? He borrowed Hailey's santa hat for the pictures...he's kinda bald, so a hat looks really good on him! :)
Owen, you're such a little sweetie! You always have a little smile for us and you're so gosh darn adorable!! I love you, little buddy and I'm gonna miss you more than you know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment