Sunday, December 13

all I want for Christmas is a little baby "racoon"

and it looks like I'm going to get my wish! :) Korey went and bought Hailey this little outfit the other day, I tried to tell him that little girls have to wear pink, but apparently this is one of those "selective listening" times, because he refuses to not buy her cute little boy outfits!! (actually, I didn't have the heart to tell him that this was a little boy outfit, he was so excited about buying it for her and she does look prett cute in it!) Ok, well, I can't help it- I think that she looks pretty adorable in any outfit, but that's just her mommy talking!



Hailey is definitely her Daddy's favorite little girl. He loves her so much it's incredible. She can even make him laugh when his day isn't going the greatest...like this morning. He was making her breakfast while I took a shower and got ready for church and he decided to make her cream of wheat for breakfast (he's a good Dad) :) Well, first he dropped the cream of wheat box on the floor and it spilled, then he got out the vacuum to clean it up and he knocked the rope lights out from underneath the cabinet- for like the hundreth time!! so, he decided to just "take" (or rip...) them off of the wall and put them back up later...but, it turns out that he needed to unplug them and the plug is under the kitchen sink- in the cabinet- and since it was full of stuff it all came tumbling out in a very unorganized fashion, then he finally got the rope lights off and thrown down into the basement...Needless to say he wasn't the happiest creature, but the minute he turned off the vacuum Hailey looks down from her highchair at all the mess and says, "uh-oh"!! :) Her Daddy then laughed and it was all forgotten!! who can resist her cute little face??? ;)
I had to wrap some bags around some presents to keep them from moving inside the boxes and Hailey really enjoyed playing with the bags! :)
her faces are just so precious...she's always making some silly face!!
doesn't she look happy to be taking a picture with me??? :)
I just finished reading a book called, Gianna- aborted and lived to tell about it and when I look at this sweet face, and when I read this book, I just can't help but think how anyone can believe that a human life doesn't begin at conception. I don't know how anyone who has ever been a mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, sister, brother, friend, acquaintance, or just seen a new baby- even in the grocery store- can think that in the womb they are blobs of tissue, but the minute they come out they are human beings! The craziest part is that I had just gotten a book off of paperbackswap.com that was about a young Polish Jew surviving the Holocaust and then I read this book about Gianna- there are so many similarities between Hitler's desire to kill the Jews and our country's desire to rid itself of all the "unwanted" babies! It breaks my heart that we, and I mean myself a lot of the time, just sit by and let it happen. It's easy to read books or think about the destruction of the Jews and wonder why the neighbors did nothing, but then it's a whole nother matter when it comes to me doing something to save the unborn babies. I don't know what even a girl can do in this battle, but I am determined to try and do whatever I can from now on. When I was pregnant with hailey- almost to my due date I had a friend who got pregnant and she was considering abortion as an option, I tried to talk to her about it, but it wasn't until she came to see me and Hailey in the hospital that she changed her mind. It was an amazing thing to see this young girl hold Hailey's tiny little body in her hands and change her mind about the life of her unborn baby. But, it's heartbreaking to think that a mom should even have the choice to choose life or death for her child- all babies should be loved and at the very least given a chance for life- regardless of their mother's feelings about motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment