Wednesday, September 8

Thankfulness!

I have a lot to be thankful for these days! It's so easy in the in's and out's of daily life to forget that...and it's especially easy to forget that when you're up in the middle of the night nursing, you're up late at night rocking your baby, and you're busy from sun up to sun down chasing after, diapering, feeding, and cleaning up after two babies! But, today I was really convicted about how I need to take some time to focus on what's the "big deal" in my life! And, it's not making sure that all the toys are picked up in the living room or that we eat real food for dinner or that Hailey doesn't have a melt down- or even that I don't...it's keeping my focus on Jesus Christ. And for me, one of the best ways to do that is to remind myself of what I have to be thankful for, instead of focusing on what seems to be out of control! So, here are a few things that I'm thankful for today...
Jackson was able to be done with the billirubin blanket, so we were able to go outside and play this afternoon and then take a little walk when Daddy got home! Sunshine just makes a world of difference in your outlook on life! :)
My Mom came up to help us out today and I'm not sure how we would have made it through the day without her...she was a huge encouragement to me and she let Hailey hold Jackson for the first time! Hailey is a great big sister- here she is trying to share her grapes with him! I'm just so thankful that she doesn't hate him or try to hurt him- she looks out for him, shows concern when he cries, wakes up looking for him, and brings him all the toys, blankets, burp clothes, and clothes that he could ever need!
Hailey is so helpful- or at least tries to be and it just brings joy to my heart to see her care for her brother and try to "help" me out. She even tried to carry his diaper bag out to the van yesterday and it was the sweetest little gesture that it made me cry!
And, last, but not least, I'm thankful that as busy as I've been and as distracted with the baby that I've been Hailey has only this black eye to show for it...it may look rough, but if you were able to see how crazy, wild, and adventurous she's been the last few days you'd be thankful, right along with me, that all she has is a black eye to show for it! (she did take a nice tumble down the back steps, this afternoon, but thankfully, no more bruises showed up as a result)
The last few days (since Korey went back to work) have probably been some of the most trying days of my life, but I'm so thankful for each one of these little "triumphs" and I'm especially thankful that I have a God who understands kids, understands being overwhelmed and can sympathize with my exhausted spirit! I know that these two babies are a gift and a blessing from Him and for that I will always be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment