Monday, June 28

Home Sweet Home!

Korey and I were both gone for the weekend- he was working and I went to Minneapolis with some girls to spend the weekend, so needless to say Sunday was a great day- the three of us were finally back together and at our house!

The first thing Hailey did was re-explore the yard! She checked out all of her favorite haunts and then remembered that her car was in the shed! :)

Then we found one tiny mud puddle that hadn't dried up in the backyard

that's pretty much when the fun began!
Then she had to check out her sandbox again! (and show us her baby)
I think that Hailey just loves to be dirty and anything that allows her to be dirty is fun for her!
Before I left I was pretty worried about how much I would miss Hailey (and Korey), but I ended up not really missing them as much as I thought I would!! I definitely did miss them and couldn't wait to see them again, but I didn't cry everyday or even at all- like I sort of thought I would!! (plus, no matter how much walking around we did at IKEA and the Mall of America it was way more relaxing than running after Hailey all day!) :) Other than coming home and seeing my family again I would have to say that the highlight of my weekend was taking a nice long hot shower all by myself without worrying about what kind of trouble Hailey was getting herself into or having her under my feet! IKEA was super fun, too, though, and I got the most amazingly comfortable shoes at a store called FLIPZ at the Mall of America, and you definitely can't go wrong eating at the cheesecake factory, so I can't complain about any of it! :) I definitely missed getting Hailey out of her bed in the morning and praying with her before she went down to sleep at night- she's always the sweetest then and I just love her adorable little smiles when she first sees me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment