Wednesday, June 2

handmade with love

Korey has been busy out in the garage creating a beautiful cradle for our son...and...it's almost finished! On Monday he (with a small amount of help from me) put it together and it looks amazing! God really blessed him with a talent for working with wood and I am continually amazed at what great pieces of "art" he creates!


I think that Allie really wanted to help, too!

The finished work! Isn't it beautiful??

I just couldn't resist putting one of Hailey's dolls in there, just to see what it would look like with a baby inside! :)

While Korey was busy outside, I was busy inside- making a few burp clothes (that aren't pink) and a little blankie for the cradle! It was so fun to get some blue, green, and yellow flannel fabric and to put some trucks and cars on the stuff, instead of hearts and flowers! :) I think I'm going to have to make a few more...maybe with some John Deere fabric or something like that, 'cause Korey thinks that these are still a little too "girlie" looking!

Can you see the clue for our sons's name?? Yup, we have one picked out and you'll have to look closely at the pictures to see if you can find the clue!
It is so fun to be able to make some homemade stuff for our son! I think it has really helped me look so forward to his arrival. I feel like the more I make and the more I prepare the more excited I become! I can't wait to get Hailey out of the nursery and into her own room so that I can start getting the nursery ready for this little boy! I think he's slowly outgrowing the place that he's at and, hopefully, in another 13 and 1/2 weeks is going to be ready for a new place of residence! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment