Wednesday, June 23

something new...

My husband loves what he does and he is good at it!

And, despite the scariness of his profession- since Korey's and my first year of marriage I haven't felt worried or stressed when he went to work...until...TONIGHT!
I don't know if it is pregnancy hormones, the fact that there's a lot of wind right now, the thought of raising a little boy...or what, but today when Korey left to go and help get the power back on for some people in Wabeeno I felt like crying. In fact, I even had to call him on his way just to tell him that I loved him- again- because I never let him leave the house for work until I tell him I love him and that he should be safe! I know for a fact that Korey is always safe at work and that he would take no unnecessary chances, but there's always the chance that someone else could make a mistake, a random tree could fall down and hit him...so many things run through a wife's head at that moment and a lot of the time many of them are rather silly!
So, as soon as I stopped having a pity party for myself I got out a verse that I had written down when I first learned about this baby that I'm carrying...Psalm 139:13-16 "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my sould knows it well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in teh depths of the earth. (but verse 16 really stuck out to me this time...) Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them! How precious are your thoughts, O God!"
I know that God created Korey and he created me- he created both of our precious children and he knows what is best for all of us! He has all of the plans for all of our lives planned out already. I don't have to take matters into my own hands, I don't have to spend my evening worrying about Korey, because God has already planned out how many days Korey will be on this earth and no matter how many days that is- I know that it will be the best # of days for Korey and for his family! It is so wonderful that I can rest easy tonight trusting that the God who created us will take care of us! That doesn't mean that I'm not going to pray that God would keep my husband safe and bring him home to me- it just means that I'm going to keep repeating this memory verse to myself until I believe it and stop worrying about Korey's safety tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment