Tuesday, June 8

A BIG DAY OF WORK

Saturday was a big day at our house...we got a lot of work done and everyone pitched in and helped- even Hailey!
Here she is all ready to begin work-

I'm pretty sure that she thinks that there are some great treats in Daddy's lunch pail, because she's always bringing it to me and saying, "cookie" (her universal word for a treat) :)
Korey put in the first of two egress windows in our basement! (and I sort of helped...as much help as a huge pregnant lady can be, anyways) ;) I'm getting excited, though, our basement project almost feels like it could be getting close to being done one of these days! Maybe even by the time little Jackson is born we'll be able to go down there and play or watch tv or sew in my new sewing room!

When he was digging the hole for the window he realized that the front step, that the window is right next to, was only being held up by rocks that started to fall out all over the place the more he dug...so, he ended up having to brace up the steps and then put the window in. He's such a hard worker and I'm soooo incredibly proud of him. There's nothing that this man can't do and no problem that he can't figure out! He truly is my hero!!
While I was helping Korey put the window in...Hailey was upstairs by herself and was VERY busy...this is what I saw when I came back up

Pretty crazy, huh?! This is how much damage a little girl can do to one room in about 15 minutes! What you can't see is that all the dvd's are out and all the books are either pushed off the of the bookshelf or pushed back to the back of the bookshelf!!
Yup, it was definitely a busy day for all of us! :)
Good thing Korey's Mom and Dad came up and babysat Hailey for us on Sunday evening so we could go out on a date- it was desperately needed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment