Tuesday, June 8

best friends in the making??

On Friday my friend, Talitha, and her daughter, Peyton came over for a playdate. Hailey and Peyton are about 6 days apart and from the time they were infants Talitha and I have been getting together for "playdates". But, until Friday the girls haven't really cared for one another! It was so great to see that change. I know it means they're growing up and there is some "mommy" sadness that accompanies that, but it was just so fun to see them giggle and play together! They even ran off to Hailey's bedroom, got some toys out and came back to the living room giggling! It just made my day to see them actually interact with one another! They really loved sitting at the window and watching Korey do some work outside! The best part was that since they didn't need us constantly interacting with them, Talitha and I had more time for chatting between ourselves! And, that's always a fun way to spend an evening!

I don't know if it's a mom's wishful thinking or if these two little girls really do enjoy being around each other, but I'm so thankful that Hailey has good, christian friends that are her age and that even at such a young age she enjoys being with them and sharing her life- or her snacks! :) That's what I'm thankful for this Tuesday-good friends for my daughter and for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment