Tuesday, June 9

what parent's do for their kids!

Look at how much Hailey appreciates all the sacrifices we make for her!
oops...now she won't even look at the camera she's so mad at us!! ;) (what an attitude...lol!!)

This afternoon I went to the dentist to get some work done on a few of my teeth (I had my first cavity...) :( I had a little bit of pain this evening, not too much, but enough to want to just hang out on the couch for the evening. However, since we are having a little party for Hailey's dedication on Sunday, I didn't have that luxury. Tonight, Korey and I felt the need to clean the garage. And, as I was vaccuming the sawdust and spiderwebs off of the walls (Korey does a lot of woodworking in the garage and there is a lot of dust...) I was thinking about the love of a Mom and Dad and what it makes you do! It actually made me think a lot about my own parent's. There aren't many people that can say they had a picnic/wedding reception in their parent's backyard, but Korey and I did! I knew, at the time, that I was asking a lot out of my Mom and Dad, but I never realized how much work/stress it really was for them. Our little party will definitely be smaller than a wedding...but, there are a few similarities, mostly the fact that Hailey was sleeping while we were doing all the work and the night before and the morning of my wedding, I was sleeping over at a friend's house while my Mom and Dad were doing all the work! I guess I still feel kind of bad about the fact that I was off having fun while my Mom was sweating about the fact that it was raining and we didn't have enough seating under the tent, or that all the food wasn't there yet and she didn't have enough room in her refrigerator for all of it and who knows what else....I guess I've never even asked her what she all stressed out about!! But, I know that my parent's love me and that is why they were willing to go through all the work of having our wedding in their backyard and Korey and I love Hailey so much that we are willing to stand up in front of our church and dedicate our little daughter and have a little get together for her at our house! (actually, now that I think about it I think that having the little get together and cleaning our house is the easier of the two...) :) Needless to say I'm a little nervous about getting up in front of the church and dedicating Hailey. I'm a little afraid that Hailey will either cry or spit up on Pastor Engle!! She usually eats her "2nd breakfast" at about 10 or 10:30am, so if we can feed her before that at least we shouldn't have to worry about her crying...but, then we'll definitely have to worry about her spitting up all over Pastor. Hopefully she'll get it all out of her system before we get up there!!
I guess all in all being a parent means sacrificing and giving up things for your kids...it all begins with the pregnancy where you try your hardest to eat right, take prenatal vitamins, drive slowly so that you don't get in a car accident, and deal with huge amounts of nauseousness willingly, goes onto labor and delivery, where you, again, willingly, go through a tremendous amount of pain to bring your adorable baby into the world! But, it doesn't end there- as a parent you continually put yourself second and your baby first. I don't know if you ever get to the point where you stop putting your child first and live for yourself after you have a child, but I guess I hope that I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment