Saturday, April 23

best friends...

The other day I asked Korey, "how do we make our kids each other's best friend?" And, the more I thought about that the more I thought- there's nothing I can do to make them best friends, but there's a lot I can do to foster that friendship between the two of them and all I have to do is look back at the things that I enjoyed doing with the siblings that I'm closest to! :) (and, no sharing clothes is not going to be one of the things Hailey and Jackson are going to get to do, so don't worry, Fysh, they won't have to fight about that) ;)

Honestly, I think that one of the things I was the most dissappointed about when I found out that Jackson was a boy was that they weren't going to be able to share clothes, share a bedroom, share bathtime, share deep dark secrets and all that sort of stuff that my sister and I got to share growing up. But, I've found that there are plenty of things that a little boy and a little girl can share and for now- bathtime is one of them! I absolutely LOVE giving them a bath together. And not, because there's always water on the floor and you end up basically taking a bath with them-I just love how they enjoy playing together in the bath.

It seems like their age gap gets smaller in the bathtub for some reason...

Hailey loves to swim on her belly and show Jackson how it's done and Jackson just loves to laugh and giggle at her.

They both love it when I put all the bubbles on their heads like crowns and decorate their faces with bubble beards and bubble mustaches.

Hailey doesn't even mind getting her hair washed, as long as she gets to help wash the baby's hair first.

The worst part about giving them a bath together is that more often than not, if the bath drags on for too long, one of them poops in the bathtub and then I end up having to re-wash both of them separately! But, I guess that and spending a 1/2 hour cleaning the bathroom when we're done is a small price to pay for how much fun they can have together while they're in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment