Monday, January 24

a LOT has changed!

Yes, a lot has changed at our house in the 5 months since Jackson has been here!

I don't know if it's just that he's been here for 5 months and my hormones are finally settling down, if Hailey's just that much bigger, or if it's just the fact that Jackson sleeps through the night, now. But, whatever the reason the Konietzki household is NOTHING like it was before! In fact, it's a rare week when we even have one meltdown from Hailey and Mommy hasn't had one since Christmas! Hailey never tries to push Jackson off of my lap or gets angry when I sit down to feed him- in fact, she loves to sit down with me and nurse her baby at the same time. There are times when I even find her sneaking her way into his room while he's supposed to be sleeping and handing (aka throwing) toys into his bed! :) We all have been having a great time, lately, playing and enjoying each other. Jackson is giggling, now, and Hailey loves to make funny faces and cooing noises at him and get him to giggle with her! It truly does a mommy's heart good to see her babies enjoy each other. There truly is nothing better than hearing those giggles come from each of them as they play together!
I don't know what has changed with me, but I have been feeling a lot better. Life really hasn't gotten that much easier- it's still a struggle to go anywhere with the two kids, grocery shopping is basically just an ordeal that I suffer through, I'm still exhausted at the end of the day and I don't always do a very good job of saving some of my energy for Korey, my house isn't always clean, the laundry isn't always done, and I don't always have time for a nice quiet time or for spending time in prayer, but my attitude and outlook have definitely changed! I'm sure it has something to do with all the prayers that have been offered up on my behalf, actually, I'm almost positive it has a lot to do with all the prayers! And, I appreciate all of them! I'm so thankful that God has given me the grace to enjoy my children and peace in our household. Only God could have worked such a great change in my heart and in Hailey's attitude and I will be forever thankful to Him for His great gift of Joy in my heart and the change that that has brought in all of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment