Monday, July 26

A Wedding Weekend!

My brother, Michael, got married this weekend! It was kind of weird to go to my little brother's wedding, but it was exciting and fun, too, 'cause Hailey's never been to such a "big" event!
here's the little princess on her way to the hotel from the rehearsal dinner...she was pretty wore out already and the weekend had barely started!!

we made her a little "princess" tent out of the window shades, so that when we put her to bed she couldn't see us! It worked out pretty well, she still cried if she could hear us, but we ate a late dinner in the bathroom on Friday night and then by Saturday naptime my mom and dad were there and we had an adjoining room, so we could hang out in there while she slept! :)

we were a little early for pictures...so, Hailey had a good time finding all the fun stuff to play with in the reception area! :)

Despite my fears, she was relatively well behaved and sat fairly still for the 5 minutes that it took for my brother and his new wife to become Mr. and Mrs. Michael Glorvigen! :) (then she was off and running again...)

the two reasons why you should NOT let Korey have a camera during a wedding ceremony!

my 3 handsome brothers waiting for the bride!

It was definitely a gorgeous place to get married...on a golf course! My brother made the pergola that they got married under, so they'll get to take that home and put it up at their house as a reminder of this day! Isn't that sweet??
my beautiful Grandmother's!

Korey and I...and Jackson! :) I'm definitely looking a little pregnant these days!!

Hailey was definitely a hit with everyone...which was nice, there were more hands to help us watch her and try and keep up with her! :) By the end of the night I wasn't even sure who she was with, but I was just too tired and wore out to care that much! I knew she was around somewhere and she always managed to find her way back when someone got tired of her! :) (one of the best perks to coming from a bigger family...) ;)

the wedding party...and my cute littlest brother, Phillip!! Hopefully it'll be a while before we have to go to his wedding! ;)


my middle-little brother, Justin! Looking all handsome and spiffy!! :)

Hailey is so loved by her Nani and Grandpa! I'm not sure I'd really want to try and take her on a weekend full of wedding stuff without them! In fact, Hailey loves her Nani so much that she often will pick her over me and she threw a huge fit when he Nani was holding another baby! Apparently there's only room for one baby in her Nani's life...better watch out baby Jack! ;)

playing with Lara, Sarah's neice, at the gift opening! This was after she threw a fit when my mom was holding Lara, so we weren't sure if she was trying to strangle her or tie a bow in her hair! ;) But, we gave her the benefit of the doudt and said "bow"!

On our way home we stopped, with my mom and dad and grandma, at the Olive Garden to celebrate my Grandma's 86th birthday! It was a great excuse to get out of the car and run around a little bit and have a little last minute excitement with Nani and Papa before we left them! :) All in all it was a fun weekend...a little long, a little tiring, a little sad, but fun nonetheless. The only thing that would have made it better is if my brother and his wife were starting out their marriage with their base as Jesus Christ! They aren't and that was the saddest part of the whole time for all of us. I pray, everyday, that they will turn their lives and now their marriage over to the One and Only Creator of Marriage, because without Him there is no reason to get married, there is no reason to stay married and there is no help to accomplish it! Korey and I will celebrate 5 years in another month and without the help of Jesus we would not be as happily married today as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment